Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

Welcome to The FBOC Forum which is open to all, but you must become a registered member, there is no charge for registering. But please remember the Club cannot exist without paying Members, so please consider joining the Club as a full paid member and help keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.

Joining the Francis-Barnett Owners Club could not be easier. Goto the club's website www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk
To join on-line click on the "Join On-line" button in the menu at the top of the page.
For those that would like to join in the traditional way again goto www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk and scroll down to middle page paragraph titled "Join the Club" just click on the learn more link further below and print off the application form. All information is contained in the form with address and membership fees.
Come and join one of the most friendly classic bike clubs around and help to keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.
Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

The Forum of the Francis-Barnett Owners Club. Keeping Alive a Living Legend.

Latest topics

» 1930 Super sport model 9 lubrication
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyWed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm by piston 197

»  1938 Cruiser 39 for sale
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptySun May 24, 2020 1:56 pm by kerabo

» Parts for 1935 E39 Cruiser
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyTue May 05, 2020 11:10 am by Andy Briggs

» 1932 falcon .... I think !
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 12:39 pm by Mattwhite

» Oils and tyres
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm by piston 197

» Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 pm by Andy Briggs

» powerbike 50
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm by dennis payne

» Falcon 74 - Headstock Section of Frame Required
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 12:27 pm by John Wakefield

» Model 95 / Amc150 - real head scratcher
Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm by keith livingstone

Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc

Andy Briggs

Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc Empty Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc

Post  Andy Briggs on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello All.  I have recently acquired a 1935 Cruiser and I'm at the stage of investigation, to see what I have.  Amongst other things today, I've been looking at the electrics and Good news; I have a functioning ignition/light switch (although I need a better knob...)  Bad news; I can't see any way to get the points cover off the dynamo.  It already has a small crack in it and I can see that it's bakelite or similar, so I don't want to make it worse.  Ideas please!
    The list is growing, of smallish items that are missing, so I'll probably be putting an ad in the relevant section of the forum soon, but that can wait for now.  Thanks in advance for your help chaps. Cheers, Andy.
    kerabo
    kerabo

Location : Spalding Lincs. Cruiser 39. Falcon 87. Green Lane Bitsa. Sunbeam S8

Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc Empty Re: Cruiser 39 - Points cover, etc

Post  kerabo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Andy
    Assume yours has the Miller Dyanmo with points in the end?
    Just swing the arm sideways that locks into the cap centre.
    The cover has a locating notch but will rock side to side and pull off.
    If you go back through my FB page to July and December you will find pictures. The condencer is inside that cap.

Ken
    Andy Briggs

Post  Andy Briggs on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 am

Thanks Ken; I was sure that there wouldn't be any real mystery to it. I haven't been in the garage since Sunday, but I'll persevere when I do! Having said that, it does seem to be well stuck on, the reason for which may become apparent...
    Andy Briggs

Post  Andy Briggs on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 pm

Whoohoo, I managed to get the cover off! Boy, was it tight! There's a bit of 'canker' inside the dynamo, but I wouldn't have thought it would cause so much trouble. I only wanted to check the points etc, before I took it apart!
    Anyway, I've been a busy boy today and I now have the gearbox, dynamo, engine and other bits, sitting in a box waiting to be cleaned up before I tackle any serious strip-downs. Everything came apart fairly well, but I'm knackered after all that! Some serious thinking will now be done, while I decide on the next practicable step, considering the lockdown situation. Hmm...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:48 am