Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

Welcome to The FBOC Forum which is open to all, but you must become a registered member, there is no charge for registering. But please remember the Club cannot exist without paying Members, so please consider joining the Club as a full paid member and help keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.

Joining the Francis-Barnett Owners Club could not be easier. Goto the club's website www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk
To join on-line click on the "Join On-line" button in the menu at the top of the page.
For those that would like to join in the traditional way again goto www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk and scroll down to middle page paragraph titled "Join the Club" just click on the learn more link further below and print off the application form. All information is contained in the form with address and membership fees.
Come and join one of the most friendly classic bike clubs around and help to keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.
Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

The Forum of the Francis-Barnett Owners Club. Keeping Alive a Living Legend.

Latest topics

» green paint colour
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by wilson44153

» Plover Log Book.
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyYesterday at 9:22 am by Falcon 58

» New member
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm by Daminutt

» frame number
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 1:34 pm by wilson44153

» Falcon 62? owner in Tampa, Florida
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 10:32 am by stuart elkes

» Model 95 / Amc150 - real head scratcher
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 am by kerabo

» 9e gearbox main shaft.
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 9:45 pm by GrahamN

» Barnett & James
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 10:03 am by Bola

» Francis Barnett Merlin L51 in Oz
Cruiser 45 Twist grip EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am by Donkeyhead


    Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    fulmar88
    fulmar88

    Posts : 627
    Join date : 2010-03-15
    Age : 53
    Location : Coventry

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    Post  fulmar88 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 am

    Hi all, I have a Cruiser 45 (1936) with an amal carb. I have the original throttle cable but no twist grip. The cable adjustment is at the twist grip end rather than the carb end. Can someone post a pic of the type of twist grip/fitting I need in order to fit the cable. All of my other bikes have the adjustment at the carb end and just an escutcheon at the twist grip end. For info the 45 is different to the model 39 Cruiser which had a different twist grip arrangement within the handlebar.
    regards,
    Steve.
    kerabo
    kerabo

    Posts : 2733
    Join date : 2008-02-11
    Age : 69
    Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Re: Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    Post  kerabo on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 pm

    fulmar88 wrote:Hi all, I have a Cruiser 45 (1936) with an amal carb. I have the original throttle cable but no twist grip. The cable adjustment is at the twist grip end rather than the carb end. Can someone post a pic of the type of twist grip/fitting I need in order to fit the cable. All of my other bikes have the adjustment at the carb end and just an escutcheon at the twist grip end. For info the 45 is different to the model 39 Cruiser which had a different twist grip arrangement within the handlebar.
    regards,
    Steve.

    Do you mean the Twistgrip that's inbuilt into the handlebars?
    fulmar88
    fulmar88

    Posts : 627
    Join date : 2010-03-15
    Age : 53
    Location : Coventry

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Re: Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    Post  fulmar88 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:32 pm

    kerabo wrote:
    fulmar88 wrote:Hi all, I have a Cruiser 45 (1936) with an amal carb. I have the original throttle cable but no twist grip. The cable adjustment is at the twist grip end rather than the carb end. Can someone post a pic of the type of twist grip/fitting I need in order to fit the cable. All of my other bikes have the adjustment at the carb end and just an escutcheon at the twist grip end. For info the 45 is different to the model 39 Cruiser which had a different twist grip arrangement within the handlebar.
    regards,
    Steve.

    Do you mean the Twistgrip that's inbuilt into the handlebars?

    No Ken. As I said the 39 is different to the 45. The 45 has a modern style twist grip external to the bars.
    kerabo
    kerabo

    Posts : 2733
    Join date : 2008-02-11
    Age : 69
    Location : Falcon 87..1936 Cruiser 39. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Twistgrip

    Post  kerabo on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:14 pm

    Ok
    I wasn't aware that the 45 had a different Twistgrip.
    fulmar88
    fulmar88

    Posts : 627
    Join date : 2010-03-15
    Age : 53
    Location : Coventry

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Re: Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    Post  fulmar88 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:16 pm

    kerabo wrote:Ok
    I wasn't aware that the 45 had a different Twistgrip.

    I assume it's something to do with the 45 having an AMAL carb so has an AMAL twistgrip set-up.
    MoscowFlyer
    MoscowFlyer

    Posts : 1116
    Join date : 2008-02-21
    Age : 73
    Location : Leicestershire

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Cruiser 45 pic

    Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 pm

    Hi Steve, here is a picture of a new Cruiser 45, I've tried zooming in on the twist grip but cannot see the adjuster, Mike
     
    http://www.stilltimecollection.co.uk/detail/5252-tpt-transport-bike-trial-test-scottish-scotland-6-six-days-francis-barnett-team-group-53-mc-quinn,-14-ad-stewart,-52-jw-morgan.html#5116

    Sponsored content

    Cruiser 45 Twist grip Empty Re: Cruiser 45 Twist grip

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:54 am