Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

Welcome to The FBOC Forum which is open to all, but you must become a registered member, there is no charge for registering. But please remember the Club cannot exist without paying Members, so please consider joining the Club as a full paid member and help keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.

Joining the Francis-Barnett Owners Club could not be easier. Goto the club's website www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk
To join on-line click on the "Join On-line" button in the menu at the top of the page.
For those that would like to join in the traditional way again goto www.Francis-Barnett.co.uk and scroll down to middle page paragraph titled "Join the Club" just click on the learn more link further below and print off the application form. All information is contained in the form with address and membership fees.
Come and join one of the most friendly classic bike clubs around and help to keep the Francis-Barnett name alive.
Francis-Barnett Owners Club Forum

The Forum of the Francis-Barnett Owners Club. Keeping Alive a Living Legend.

Latest topics

» Francis Barnett Merlin L51 in Oz
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 2:22 am by Top Dog

» Model 95 / Amc150 - real head scratcher
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm by keith livingstone

» A warm welcome to our new Forum members
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 4:25 pm by MartinR

» green paint colour
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:27 pm by colk2004

» Plover Log Book.
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 9:22 am by Falcon 58

A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm by Daminutt

» frame number
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 1:34 pm by wilson44153

» Falcon 62? owner in Tampa, Florida
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 10:32 am by stuart elkes

» 9e gearbox main shaft.
A warm welcome to our new Forum members EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 9:45 pm by GrahamN

A warm welcome to our new Forum members

zorteus
    zorteus
    Admin

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty A warm welcome to our new Forum members

Post  zorteus on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Welcome to the FBOC Forum.
    A new section has been added in the Community Hangout called New Member Introductions.
    I am activating around 10 new Forum accounts per month, so felt a place was needed even for a newbie just say hello. After all are we not all here for similar reasons?
    We have in excess of 1540 registered users. Our users have posted a total of 23515 messages. So new members, why not make your first post in New Member Introductions, say hello and tell us why you joined.

Regards
    JMc

Last edited by zorteus on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Go global)
    David
    David

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty Re: A warm welcome to our new Forum members

Post  David on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Recently joined how do I create a post thanks David
    keith livingstone
    keith livingstone

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty Re: A warm welcome to our new Forum members

Post  keith livingstone on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:40 am

Hi
    Don't know if anyone else has answered
    but I guess you go to the forum and in one of the existing posts hit the icon New Topic and just enter your message as required.
    Hopefully that 'll get you started.  
    Adding pictures is when the fun starts My 67.

Best wishes
    Keith

A warm welcome to our new Forum members 2018-010
    David
    David

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty Posts

Post  David on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply, managed to post a question more by luck thank skill. Cheers David
    MartinR

Post  MartinR on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello All,
    I am one of those new members that JMc has mentioned. I am in Canterbury and recently bought a Falcon 74 from a dealer which is all complete and runs but has a few issues to deal with before I can use it. I would expect these are things that have been discussed on this forum before so I'm going to wade through some past topics before asking for help.

Cheers Martin R

piston 197
    piston 197

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty Welcome

Post  piston 197 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Welcome to the forum and the FBOC, we try to be a helpful bunch and as you say a look through the forum will see some questions and their answers which may help you, but feel free to ask any queeries you have and we will try our best to be helpful

JH
    FBKev
    FBKev

Post  FBKev on Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi Martin I am new Romney and have a Falcon 81 & James K7 Captain both of 1959 vintage with 10E engines and also another AMC product. A 1970 750 fastback Norton Commando.
    Kev.
    MartinR

Post  MartinR on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks JH and Kev for your replies. Perhaps you can guide me about my electrical system. My Falcon 74 has clearly been restored some time ago but not used since. It has been neatly re-wired using the original Villiers 4 way lighting switch and all seems to work. However, once my bike is running there appears to be no way of stopping it short of deliberately stalling it or turning off the fuel supply. In other words it seems to have no ignition switch so that I can stop the sparks once it's running. I presume that the off position on the 4-way lighting switch is lights off and not ignition off? It is certainly wired that way. Would the bike originally have had some sort of ignition switch or at the very least a kill switch so that the engine can be stopped? It seems odd to have no way of isolating the battery. Any advise/info will be gratefully received.

Kev - good to know there is somebody active in the club reasonably close to me.
    keith livingstone
    keith livingstone

Post  keith livingstone on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi Martin

Yes welcome to FBOC and this website.
    It's a great place where you'll find like minded souls with a lot of experience who are so patient and happy to answer all kinds of obscure questions with the goal of getting another FB back on the road.

In terms of stopping and ignition switches these didn't come along until the 1H and 2T models. Like my 67 to stop you close off the fuel supply close to home or when at journey's end deliberately stall the motor.
    Hope you get the chance to get out on the road soon

Best wishes
    Keith
    alan67
    alan67

A warm welcome to our new Forum members Empty a warm welcome

Post  alan67 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am

Hi Martin and David welcome to the club and forum, i like Keith have a falcan 67 my bike have a decompression valve in the head so i can use that to stop engine  as Keith said a lot of these little two strokes did not have on off switch,  some of the early ones was designed not to have a tick over, so close down the throttle and the engine would stop, you could set your bike up like that, but remember to keep her running at the lights ect, have fun happy ridding  Alan
    MartinR

Post  MartinR on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks Keith and Alan, I suspected you might tell me that. I've never owned anything quite this old before so I guess I just need to get used to a slightly different mind-set.

Cheers Martin.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 am